Devotions for Dating Couples - Week 2: Grace, Tuesday:Cheap Grace
Romans 6:14
Titus 2:11-12
Hebrews 10:26-29
Cheap Grace is a very sad concept. God sacrificed so much for us, and gave us this amazing gift, and instead of treasuring it and trying to keep it as clean as possible, people tarnish it and destroy it with their selfishness, taking His love for granted. I know I've done it but I think I've asked forgiveness when I have. I try to keep my relationship with Luke in such a way as to not take God's grace for granted. Which is why I've always been up front about our physical limits and am trying to make sure we're both on the same page and praying about our relationship. I don't want my lust or worldly love to get in the way of what God has planned for me. If Luke isn't the road God wants for me, then as much as it would hurt to do it, I would sacrifice my relationship with him. I did it once, and I'd do it again. But I've prayed about this for so many years and even more in the last six months...I truly believe that God wants us to be together.
I've gotten totally off topic. I also think that encouraging Luke to keep his faith and to reach out to others for help with that is important, because I don't want to enable him to be complacent about sinning. Not that I think he is, but keeping one another accountable is a very important part of any relationship.
Comments
Post a Comment