Devotions for Dating Couples - Week 2: Grace, Monday: Running the Race with Grace

Galatians 2:20-21
Philippians 1:3, 6
2 Peter 3:18

I've heard this message so many times. And every time I get it, I understand it, I praise God for it, and then I continue to feel like a "bad Christian" when I don't read my Bible or go to church or pray or whatever! How does doing those things make me any more worthy of the sacrifice God made for me?? It doesn't. Not even a little. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing I could do to deserve His love and forgiveness, which is the point of grace. It is a gift, and you don't earn gifts.

Luke and I did the couple's day devotion today...a few days late. But one of the things we talked about makes me think of this. One of the questions was "what can you do to love your partner in a more godly way?" I think that we need to, in addition to the things we talked about, try to remember that we're not earning one another's love, nor should we expect the other person to have to earn our love. If we want to love like God, we have to make sure that each of us knows that this love comes with no strings. Which is nearly impossible for humans...and it is only possible with God. I'm so glad we're doing this, I already feel like this is going to make us a much stronger couple and bring us SO much closer to God.

Comments