Devotions for Dating Couples - Week 1: Prayer Journal
Praise (Adoration):
God your love sustains me through all my hardships. You are my rock. You are the beginning and the end of love. You are so good and gracious and loving and no relationship I could have on Earth can compare to the relationship that I can have with you. Your love shines through your every creation. From the laugh of a small child, to the beauty of storm clouds, to the healing power of rain, the Earth and the sky and our very beings cry out your majesty and power.
Repentance (Confession):
Please forgive me for elevating my relationship with Luke over my relationship with you. God it is so easy to feel closer to someone you can physically see and speak to, but the only way I can have a fulfilling relationship with him, is by having a powerful relationship with you. I confess that my thoughts have not been pure, and I ask your forgiveness for not offering them up to you when I should.
Appreciation (Thanksgiving):
Thank you so much for the people you've put into my life. For the opportunities you've blessed me with and the abilities you've given me. Thank you for loving me, even though I am not worthy. Thank you for forgiving me, even though I've done, and can do, nothing to deserve it. Thank you for your sacrifice for me and for the gifts you've given me and continue to give me.
Yield (Requests):
I offer up my housing situation at school to you, God. I know it's not in my hands, it is all in yours and you will provide for me. I offer up my thoughts and my body Lord; please help me to keep my thoughts on you and avoid the physical and emotional temptations of being in a serious relationship.
Comments
Post a Comment