Romans 13:11-12, 14
2 Corinthians 5:17
Ephesians 4:22-24
Important distinction for Nora: urgency != anxiety!!! The urgency they talk about is the urgency that drives you when you really love something and you can't wait for it to happen! My priorities are God, my family and my friends...then comes education and money and whatever else. Every day should reflect that and every choice I make should have those priorities as their driving force. Being stressed, is concentrating too much on the immediate, and not on the eternal. Thinking about what could/would/might be or have been is irrelevant, all that matters is now. Which is why it's always on my heart when I pass beggars to give them my change, if I have it. Who cares if the people I'm with think it's dumb? And if they use it to buy drugs or alcohol? Well, that's not in my hands. God has given me so many blessings in life, who am I to decide who I share those with? All people are God's people, and He will guide them exactly where he wants them to go in life, and that might take them down a bad road for a while, but His plans will be worked out. Anyway, all that to say, tests don't matter, psets don't matter, money doesn't matter. What matters is how I live each day, how I handle the situations I find myself in each day, and that the focus of it all, is God.
Comments
Post a Comment