Devotions for Dating Couples - Week 3: Prayer, Tuesday: The Ultimate Purpose of Prayer
Matthew 26:39, 42
2 Corinthians 12:7-10
1 John 5:14
I've wrestled with understanding petitioning God for things, even though I know that if something is not His will it will not come to pass. This devotion presents a really cool way to look at it as a means to change my heart rather than change God's mind. Not that I've ever really thought of it as a way to change God's mind, because seriously, that's not gonna happen. But petitioning makes sense if the context is to get me to think about situations in a way that is closer to what God's will is and how Christ would behave in said situation. And regarding prayers for health and such, that's more about me relying on God in times of strife than convincing God to perform miracles.
I'm excited about this week. Learning about prayer is very cool. :)
Comments
Post a Comment