Devotions for Dating Couples - Week 5: Simplicity, Wednesday: Just a Little Bit More!

Matthew 6:24

Psalm 37:16
Philippians 4:11-19
1 Timothy 6:6-11

I like that. "The things that are most valuable and bring the greatest pleasure and contentment are gifts from God." It's so true. The things that bring the most stress are the material things, but that's because we place too much weight on them. Always wanting better grades, more money, better housing, more travel, etc etc...can any of that really make me happy? No. What makes me happy? Worshipping, being with Luke and my family, helping people, going to the beach...are any of those things that money can buy? Well, it can buy me a house near the beach, but that's not important.

This week's topic is, again, one that I know, I just don't think about. And I should, because it would really help me to be less stressed, and less depressed, and better able to get the material things out of the way so that the more important things can get the attention they deserve.

Comments